This renovation is a perfect example of the importance of pre-planning and taking exploratory measures. This started as a "lip-stick" renovation, but as we starting exploring the crawls space during our "discovery" phase, we noticed the entire foundation was made from wood that had rotted out. When we pulled the permit record, we discovered that the last permit was pulled in 1915! Luckily our clients were prepared to bring this home back to life and we went to work. Underpinning the whole house and tearing down previous additions to build new. We then deconstructed the entire interior and completely replaced all of the flooring, finishes, cabinets and fixtures. Our clients wanted 2 things: "Colourful" and "Ornate" so that's what we gave them!